Why the name, "A Bit Backward . . .?"
We like to think we're old fashioned or backward thinking in how we live. Though sometimes (because of our lifestyle choices), some find us a little bit backward - in the other sense of the word . . .
- We married younger than most - 20 and 23 respectively.
- We are active in our church - on Sunday - and every other day too.
- I am a stay-at-home mom by choice. We don't have much money to speak of, but we make it work.
- We support natural birthing. (Though, we appreciate hospitals and modern medicine too.)
- We don't own a TV - nor do we spend a lot of time watching TV on Hulu. It's just not our thing.
- We prefer to read out loud to each other, or listen to the radio and talk about what we hear.
- We cloth diaper our baby (!) and love it - it's frugal and green.
- I make bread dough from scratch without a bread-maker at least once a week.
- We don't believe in credit cards and avoid debt wherever possible. We're Dave Ramsey followers.
- We save our pennies - and don't have a problem picking them up off the asphalt either.
- He - changes the oil, builds stuff, fixes the car, goes fishing, brings home the bacon.
- I - sew, craft, cook, try to look nice for the hubby, and fix up the fish he catches for dinner.
- We try to live by the old adage: "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."