- Good Sound #1: Did you know that my new little niece C.J. has arrived? She is beautiful, sweet, and so tiny! (Born 5 lbs. 9 oz. and 18 in. long) I have loved hearing this past week how fast her Mama is recovering. Through the beauty of Skype and video sharing on the internet I have also been about to hear the sound of her sweet whimpery little newborn cry. Is there anything more precious or tender?
|Look at that little face! I can't wait to snuggle this little baby girl!|
|Daddy and daughter.|
|Mommy and daughter.|
- Good Sound #2: The sound of a new favorite book. Just when I thought I couldn't take reading, The Nose Book one more time through, Lincoln has decided on a new favorite book - Dr. Seuss' Hop on Pop, and I couldn't be more relieved. That book, is hilarious. Seriously. I love Dr. Seuss' subtle, whimsical, humor, and the wonderful rhythm to his rhyming. And even though I have been reading this book 5-6 times a day for the past week, I'm not even remotely sick of it yet.
|Pat likes to sit on everything, but it gets him into trouble sometimes.|
|I love the feisty mean look on tiny Jim's face in contrast with tall "Me." It's so funny.|
- Good Sound #3: Not cooking. I've caught the lazy mom/ethnic and savory craving bug over the last month and a half. And Squire has been a wonderful sport to indulge me. Sometimes, us moms just need a break, right?! Want to know where to buy the best Chinese food in Tucson? Look no farther than the Mandarin Grill. Craving something different, foreign and homey? Ethiopian food from Zemams hits the spot every time. If you just want a yummy snack, try the fresh warm pita bread with the hummus and Tzatziki sauce from Opa! Their stuffed grape leaves are pretty delicious as well. For something appetizing and less foreign and completely terrible for your arteries try the spinach and feta stuffed cheesy bread from Domino's. Yum. Any other recommendations of food places around? Give me your best - I think Squire will only indulge me a short while longer. . . though not cooking as often the last while has been pretty delicious and relaxing for me, it is also, well, expensive.
|Image credit: Gypsy Queen|
- Good Sound #4: The sound of Father-Son bonding time. Now that Squire is done with his first year of medical school, and home for the Summer, the sound of Lincoln and his wrestling, growling and laughing together fills our home for a much larger portion of each day. I love it.
|Playing with dad.|
- Good Sound #5: Lincoln's waving paired with his high-pitched voice saying "Hi-eeee!" ("Hi!") to all the babies at church, and to his new cousin C.J. on Skype. Lincoln has a new fascination with little babies and he loves going up to them to say hello. While he won't sit calmly on my lap for more than about 30 seconds these days, he will gently and softly peer in to observe a newborn baby resting in a car seat for several minutes at a time. Funny story about that. Lincoln was waving and saying "Hi-eeee!" to one of the other Young Women leaders' new babies. The other leaders started joking with me saying, "Oh! Jami! Better give Lincoln a sibling!" And then they proceeded to talk about how difficult it would be to have children so close in age. That some of them had had children that close and had to wait 4-5 years for their third babies, etc. I chuckled inside because of what I already knew. I didn't tell them what I'm about to share with you all now. . .
- Good Sound #6: The best sound of all - the sound of our growing baby's heartbeat!!! It took several minutes to find it, but as soon as that Doppler was in the right place, the beating of our baby's heart was fast, strong, present, reassuring and wonderful. Though I've already been feeling this little one flutter inside me since last Sunday, hearing that heartbeat was still sweet peace to my heart this afternoon.
|Our failed attempt a cutesy I'm-holding-the-ultrasound-picture-of-my-growing-sibling" photo.|
|Baby's image captured through the goodness of ultrasound! Baby Hepworth's guess date: December 8th, 2012!|
- Good Sound #7: And since we're on the topic of babies, I'll throw out one more "sounds good" bullet point today - being able to blog about what's really been on my mind and growing in my body these past 13 weeks - FABULOUS!!
|No Lincoln! Don't eat cheese! Say "Cheese!"|
|"Are you kiddin' me or what?"|
|No Lincoln, just say cheese! And make your announcement!|