- You get 11 hours of sleep (albeit in 3-5 hour increments)
- Both you and baby are showered and dressed for the day.
- You get to go to Zumba for an hour with friends while baby sleeps soundly for dad.
- Baby sighs and coos the sweetest sounds while nursing, and then smiles an adorable open-mouthed smile, just for you.
- You manage to get 5 loads of laundry, a sink full of dishes, and even a couple other errands done in one day.
- You visit your husband at work and introduce your baby to your old professors.
- You see and experience the sunlight outside of your basement apartment.
-You can blog about your wonderful, perfect life. ;)
(Look mom! No oxygen! - No, he's not off the oxygen yet. We just used his bath time as an excuse to see his face without the tubes and stickers. Hopefully soon though!)Some days you lose:
- Baby refuses to stop expressing his anger at not having his pacifier held in place for him, all night long.
- Baby wants to nurse nonstop for days on end, while mom eats nothing and never sleeps.
- No shower or fresh clothes (pajamas) for a day, or two, or two and a half. . .
- Baby poops a fresh diaper change. And then poops the next fresh diaper change too.
- Baby pees on the wall, his clothing, and the changing pad all during one diaper change.
- Baby grabs hold of the oxygen tubing on his face and doesn't know how to let go, but pulls and pulls and screams and screams as the sticker tugs at his soft little face! :(
Oh well! At least he's adorable - even when he's crying. (Most of the time.) ;)
And, it's a good thing there are winning days sprinkled in with those losing ones.